Friday, November 11, 2016

Gorilla Poops aka Uncooked Cookies

This is a family favorite for about everyone for me. In fact it's been used every year for a birthday cake for Mendis and at least one of the boys too had it too.
 Here is my original recipe straight from Grandma Cooper. There are just a few adjustments. 
I use regular oats not the instant. I always have so if you like Grandma's use the instant oats and if you prefer mine use the regular old fashioned oats.
Make sure you use a decent size heavy pot to start because you will be adding all the ingredients to it.
So put the top portion of the ingredients in and stir frequently until it comes to a rolling boil. While it is warming up I pre-measure out the last section of the ingredients. 

 So here's my little food tip. (Just like Food Network) I put the 1/2 cup chopped nuts in the bottom half of the measuring cup and then add a heaping 1/2 cup of peanut butter right on top. I do this because I hate washing dishes and dirtying everything in the kitchen.
 So back to stirring and bringing it to a rolling boil. I let it boil for at least a min or two before I turn off the burner. A rolling boil is one that doesn't stop when you start stirring it.
So after you turn the heat off add the oats, peanut butter, nuts and vanilla. Stir it all together. Drop by spoonfuls onto either waxed paper or parchment paper and let them set up. This takes awhile for them to set up. They are yummy when they are nice and warm too...apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment