Friday, April 8, 2016

Greek Pizza



I have a confession: I'm having an affair. Every time after I work out (side bar: not something I particularly enjoy - I mean, c'mon, who really does?!?), I find myself being drawn to this with reckless abandon. It's the sun dried tomatoes...I'm hopefully drawn to them and just can't get enough. So, yes, I'd say I'm having a rather fantastic affair with these divine little temptations.
This recipe began by emptying out my fridge in search of something satisfying and healthy; after all, I just worked my butt off and didn't want to find that butt again from lovely butter and sugar. I think this fits the bill! And yet another side bar: it's vegetarian!
Flour tortilla
Hummus (I used Sabra with delectable jalapeno bits - great little kick!)
Sun dried tomatoes (yummmm)
Onion
Feta cheese (I used Publix generic with basil and - you guessed it - tomato)
Start by throwing that tortilla right on the rack in a preheated oven - 400 degrees or so should do it. Keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn - it should be crisp and just starting to brown.
While the tortilla is becoming magically delicious, sauté some sun dried tomatoes with thinly sliced onion. No need to add butter or oil as there is already oil on my tomato buddies. Continue cooking over medium-low heat until the onions begin to caramelize; the secret to a great sautéed onion is low and slow heat. Yeah, I cheat on this sometimes and crank that heat up to medium so I can get to the eatin' part sooner.
Once everything is cooked to your satisfaction, spread the hummus on the warm, crisp tortilla and layer the tomatoes and onions over that. Finish it off with a light sprinkle of Feta, and let your affair with this Greek pizza begin!!

No comments:

Post a Comment