Friday, April 8, 2016

Peach Cobbler

 
This peach cobbler is so good and not the crumble topping kind I grew up with, which I also love! Thanks to my friend Shelley who got this recipe from her mother-in-law Joyce years ago and shared it with me. This is a picture of a small individual one but I usually double the recipe and make a 9x13. This particular time I made four little ones to take to friends.
  • 5-6 large fresh peaches peeled and cut up
  • 1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg grated
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp flour or tapioca
Crust
  • 1 c flour
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1/3 c butter (well chilled or frozen is best)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
Cut up the peaches and stir in the nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar and flour. Make adjustments on spices according to your taste. Mix carefully and put in the bottom of a 8x8 baking pan.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Grate the butter into the dry ingredients and mix with a pastry blender. Add egg and mix. I use my hands at this point. Form into patties. Put the patties on the top of the peaches. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or longer until browned. Fabulous served with vanilla ice cream of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment